Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any otherMahatma Gandhi
form of treatment and is beyond doubt safer and more economical.
Homeopathy Healing for a Healthy You
My goal is to help you reach your true and maximum potential by taking care of the whole of you. As such, I provide homeopathic healing and education as well as psychotherapy services.
What is Homeopathy?
It is a gentle, natural, and holistic approach to health care. Homeopathy supports the natural healing by stimulating the body’s innate ability to heal.
Homeopathic remedies are made from plants, animals, minerals, and imponderables in a process of dynamization which is dilution and succussion of the substance.
It is based on the concept of “like cures like”, minimal dosage and totality of symptoms.
As such you receive the minimal dosage required to heal you, which is matched to you as a person, and the symptoms you present.
At Serene Self PLLC, we believe that our health is determined by physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social and spiritual elements. As such we aim to heal the whole person.
Remedies are regulated by the FDA and created in homeopathic pharmacies under the supervision of the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS).
Frequently Asked Questions
Homeopathic remedies are gentle, safe and cost-effective. They stimulate your vital force to help your body heal itself. The Homeopathic remedies are often sold over-the-counter at a number of health food stores, online stores, and Naturopathic school medicinaries.
I provide homeopathy services to adults and children for in-clinic consultations as well as through Skype or Zoom. I welcome individual and family consultations for homeopathy related to acute and chronic health issues.
Some conditions I see in my practice:
- Arthritis/Musculoskeletal Pain
- Behavioral Issues
- Digestive Issues
- Minor injuries and burns
- Recovery and Rehab following surgery and trauma
- Respiratory Issues
- Frequent Illness
- Severe Constipation or Diarrhea
- Sleep Issues
- PMS/Menopause/Women’s Issues
I also coordinate care with other Homeopaths, Doctors, and other Holistic providers like Myopractors, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, Naturopaths and Psychotherapists in the valley to provide you with optimal care.
I will discuss the remedy dosage with you in the consult when I start you on a remedy. Please call/text with questions if you are confused.
Some people like to read and follow the labels of homeopathic remedies, especially for acute care. Please DO NOT take any other homeopathic remedy unless instructed while you are under my care. It may interfere with the action of the remedy that I recommended.
Please don't hesitate to request a five-minute consultation over the phone if required.
Avoid the following while in homeopathic treatment:
- Avoid strong odors including oils and perfumes, Altoids or breath strip mints, menthol, eucalyptus (especially Hall’s Mentholyptus), camphor, Tea Tree Oil, Tiger Balm, and Vicks VapoRub. They may interfere with the action of the remedy.
- Sometimes, coffee and decaf coffee are an issue. It is recommended you avoid excessive intake of coffee. All other caffeinated beverages (green and black teas, sodas, etc.) are fine. Talk to me if this is a concern.
- Deep energy therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic or other energetic therapies should not be started at the same time as homeopathic care. They are fine after the effect of the remedy is apparent and can be adequately evaluated.
- Dental work, especially drilling, may inhibit the action of your remedy. If after a dentist appointment you feel your symptoms returning, please contact me so we can evaluate to remediate the situation.
- Please store all homeopathic remedies in a cool, dry place. The bathroom is NOT recommended as the steam may adversely affect the remedy.
Intake/ initial interview
- Questions regarding the presenting problems
- Questions regarding the history of the condition and any others related or unrelated to it.
- An exploration of the physical, mental, and emotional state of you in general and with the condition you are consulting me about.
- Review of all the body systems and any conditions related/seemingly unrelated.
- It is possible that you might have to wait for 2-3 days before I recommend the remedy as it might require more study of your case.
- After the initial intake I might call/email or text you with some questions as I study your case and decide on a well-matched remedy. You are not charged for these calls.
- The remedy might be available online, at a local Health store, or PIMHA medicinary.
- Instructions for taking the remedy and the dosage will be provided at the time of remedy recommendation.
- I might make some recommendations regarding the maintaining causes of your condition, suggest other holistic treatments, or even refer you to your primary care physician or other medical professionals for testing/assessments.
After taking the remedy
- Since this is a highly individualized treatment and no two people react in the same way to any given remedy, I will want you to call me in the next 2-3 days, or at the most, after a week to check in to let me know how you are doing.
- You may experience an aggravation of your symptoms in the first 10 days of taking the remedy. It's nothing to be alarmed about as it is a path to healing. Regardless, please do call to inform me.
- Please do not expect an overnight improvement in constitutional or chronic cases. We work gradually towards healing. Depending on the condition it may take up to a year or more for healing to happen.
Mamta Bhargava offers an informative and powerful introductory session about homeopathy for interested groups.
Length: 60-90 minutes.
- What is Homeopathy and how does it work?
- Principles of Homeopathy
- How to use homeopathy at home for minor ailments and how it can help with chronic health conditions.
Contact Mamta to schedule your session.
The Popularity of Homeopathy
by Jeremy Sherr
What is Homeopathy?
by Rajan Sankaran
Homeopathy The Nature of Influence
by Misha Norland
Just One Drop - Official 2017 Trailer
Controversial Homeopathy Documentary
23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
Books, Articles, Research, and Organizations
Books, CD's, DVD's
Naturopathic Health Care
Homeopathy: Beyond Flat Earth Medicine
by Timothy Dooley
by Asa Hershoff
The Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy
by Amy Lansky
Homeopathic Medicine for Children and Infants
by Dana Ullman
Everybody’s Guide to Homeopathic Medicines
by Stephen Cummings and Dana Ullman
The Homeopathic Revolution: Why Famous People and Cultural Heroes Choose Homeopathy
by Dana Ullman
Solvatochromic dyes detect the presence of homeopathic potencies
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance characterization of traditional homeopathically manufactured copper (Cuprum metallicum) and plant (Gelsemium sempervirens) medicines and controls
A Homeopathic Perspective on Pre- and Post-surgical Treatment
by Dana Ullman